Thursday, June 7, 2012

The start of my journey

I am starting this blog to document my weight loss journey. A little about myself. My name is Erica. I am 34 years old. I am going to be soon a new divorced person which it is a good thing.. I am from the Great state of Alaska. I am the second oldest of 6 kids..and I am college educated. I am currently working on my Masters in Education at this moment which is being documented on my other blog Erica's World! I am a huge fan of the Green Bay Packers, I have actually seen them play in person! It was an amazing experience and I totally would do it again any day! I was diagnosed with PCOS: Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome almost 5 years ago. I was told that I had to lose weight and it has been a struggle. I was on the right track until some events in the last year have happened. In November, I lost my step dad to esphogeal cancer, in February my cousin (24 years old) was diagnosed with lukemia, and I had celebrated my 6th wedding anniversary. A few weeks later, we were starting the process for divorce. A few of my friends have told me that I need to start to do things for myself, so here goes. In a matter of a couple weeks, I plan on starting Take Shape for Life with a good friend of mine who is also doing the program. She is going to be in Idaho while I am in Alaska. The program consists of doing Medifast diet. I am up for the challenge. I need to lose this weight that I am carrying around with me. As soon as I start the diet, I will post my beginning picture and measurements to help document the journey I am starting.

~~~~Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment